"There are three classes of people: Those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” - Leonardo da Vinci
The role of our Portal Architects is to plan and coordinates technical activities and system architectural component development throughout the project lifecycle. We work closely with the Project Management, Stakeholders and Focus Groups as well as the Design and Implementation teams to ensure the best solution for our clients.
Our Architects survey and analyze business and technical information, conceptualises the viable solutions by exploring technology alternatives and applies industry standards and best practices. Our aim is to get it right the first time and eliminate unnecessary re-work through well-defined requirements and functional specification.
Our Architects review the following to ensure "all bases are covered":
- Integrating security (in simple terms, achieving a single login username and password)
- Personalisation of portal components (governance around the types of personalisation allowed)
- Document and records management (managing digital corporate assets)
- Integrating mail & calendar (understanding what can be consolidate versus integrated)
- Integration with business applications (like Financial Systems)
- Organisation-wide Search (which objects and document types need to be indexed)
- Integration with mobile devices (related to current application support)
- Targeted content (Audience groupings and governance of subscriptions)
- Privacy control (protect personal data).
- Workflow (human-based versus document versus business-process)
- Video/voice conferencing (integration challenge with current technology and mapping supported versus non-supported scenarios)
In architecting for these features, we ensure our Architects have the best understanding about client needs and design the best possible Microsoft SharePoint solution.