If your organisation is like most, you will have content and documents stored in multiple locations. Do you wish you could display all your content in the one place? The Connected Systems content roll up web part allows you to aggregate your content into the one page.
The Connected Systems Content Roll-Up web part for Microsoft’s SharePoint 2010 technologies (both Foundation and Server) is a flexible content aggregator that supports both SharePoint lists along with XML over HTTP requests.
The content roll-up web part can be used to retrieve content recursively from a site collection and display it as HTML.
The Connected System Content Roll-Up web part adds value to the SharePoint 2010 platform by:
- Aggregating content from either a single or multiple lists.
- Exposing content in multiple locations across your site using the one single source of truth.
- Flexibility in the presentation of content; this is achieved through:
- Data formatted as XML and then transformed for display using XSLT.
- Ability to add custom CAML queries
- Audience targeting for SharePoint 2010, through the use of permissions.
- XML over HTTP that supports proxy server details
- Debug mode to expose rendered XML.
- Making the feature available across the entire Farm deployment for all site collection to take advantage.